Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official TICEHURST FC app


Ticehurst FC - Match centre

First Team
Broadwater Athletic
N Masini (0'), D Blundell (0'), W Stone (0', 0'), R Guile (0')
Full time
Sat 6 Dec 13:30 - Friendly Attendance 25

First Team v Broadwater Athletic


Match report

Macron East Sussex Football League
Saturday 6th December 2014
Division One
Icklesham Casuals now find themselves bottom of the table on goals scored after suffering a 5-0 defeat at leaders Mountfield United on Saturday. United remain undefeated this season and are now four points clear of the chasing pack at present. Sean Smith scored twice for them, whilst Steve Fortsch and Leon Pettit also netted. Their fifth came courtesy of an own goal.
Bexhill AAC maintained their excellent form with a 3-1 win away at Sidley United to keep the pressure on at the top. Credit for their win must go to Billy Trickett, Zak Dangerfield and Shae Whybourne who scored the goals, but also to the whole defensive unit who kept a well-drilled United side at bay for the majority of the game. Adam Day scored in the eightieth minute for the hosts but his side will be annoyed that they did not disrupt their visitors a little further.
Little Chelsea managed to gain their first win in five attempts, defeating their fellow relegation strugglers Sandhurst 3-2, and moving themselves out of the trapdoor places in the process. Guy Ballard disturbed the scorers very early on for the visitors and Ben Cooper fired in a late chance, but the visitors will be terribly disappointed that they were not celebrating at least a point on their long journey home. Laurie Burrett and Joe Haffenden were on the score-sheet for Chelsea, with Joe Morris scoring a peach of a goal to win the match for his side.
The mid-table clash between Hollington United and Wadhurst United saw the home side go above their opponents in the table following a 4-1 win. A close first-half saw Hollington go into the break with a narrow lead, but their second half superiority saw off Wadhurst’s attempts to get something from the game. Ben Pepper fired in two for Hollington, whilst Mark Larkin and Kenny Butchers bagged the others. Lee Bates was credited with the visitor’s consolation.
SCFA Junior Cup
Eight of our teams were in third round action on Saturday in the SCFA Junior Cup with five of them successfully progressing through to the next round.
Eastbourne Rangers were probably the most disappointed team not to make it through after losing at home to Nutley 3-2. Rangers readily admitted that they never got to show their true potential on the day and were really disappointed with their performance. Even then, they twice got back into contention after suffering a 2-0 deficit, and with a little more luck might just have been able to force extra-time on another day. Lee Chapman and Jamie Strong got the home sides goals.
Also out are Hailsham Athletico who were well adrift of hosts Montpelier Villa in the end, losing 7-2. Athletico were competitive up to the break, even missing a tenth minute penalty, to go into the interval at 1-1. Whatever was in the tea though did them no good as Villa proceeded to walk through their defence at will once the second half had commenced, scoring another six times in the process. Jake Barker struck both of the Athletico goals for his disgruntled side.
Crowhurst will now be away to Montpelier Villa in Round Four after they overcame the challenge of Ifield in what turned out to be a bruising encounter. The home side had much the better of the early exchanges getting down the sides seemingly at will, but failing to convert a number of good deep crosses. It was just when it looked as though Crowhurst were going to pay for their profligacy, with Ifield getting more of a foothold in the game, Crowhurst broke away again and this time managed to find the back of the net after yet another telling cross. The Crows continued to dominate and had several gilt-edged chances for a second until disaster struck just before the break, when they conceded a soft penalty which was converted by the opposition. So 1-1 at the break, with the manager rapidly losing his hair! The start of the second half was decisive though with the Crows retaking the lead with a stunning strike after a slick four man move. This shocked Ifield into action and it then became a very even contest with the visitors giving their hosts one or two scares, before the Crows then manufactured a third to seal the tie near the end. Scorers for Crowhurst were Jon Rich-Spice, Simon Randall and Carl Longbottom.
A fantastic goalkeeping performance from George Jackson on his debut helped Herstmonceux to a 5-1 win against visitors Crawley Devils. The ESFL side really played well all afternoon and were comfortable winners in the end. Dave Russell scored two quick-fire goals around the half hour mark after Ash House had hit the first after fourteen minutes. James Ticehust and Richard Shipley put the icing on the cake after the break. Herstmonceux will now host Rogate ’08 or Beaumont Park in Round Four.
Little Common were 3-1 winners at home to Rustington Park and now have a trip to Newtown Villa as their prize in the next round. Common had to come from behind to win this one but managed to do so with an equaliser from Toby Smith on eighteen minutes and two second half strikes from Connor Jackson and Dan Estherby respectively.
Old Hastonians suffered a disappointing afternoon away to Predators, losing their match 4-2. The home side had more of the first half exchanges and went into the interval 2-0 up. This was really the crux of the problem for Hastonians as despite matching their opponents in the second period the damage had already been done in an unrewarding first forty-five minutes. Tom Cusden got the visitors first from the penalty spot and Dan Foster got a second for his side in the last five minutes.
It was a different kettle of fish for another Hastings side, as AFC Hastings travelled to Racing Palmeira and returned home with a 6-1 win in the bank. In an impressive display, Brad Lewis gave a man of the match display by scoring four times, whilst both Luke Johnson and Dean Robinson also found the Palmeira net to their liking. Hastings now meet Southwater or Yapton on their home turf in Round Four on 10th January.
The final tie involving an ESFL side was the match between Ticehurst and Broadwater Athletic. Ticehurst overcame the challenge of the Worthing side quite comfortably, winning 5-2, and will now meet Eastbourne Rangers conquerors Nutley next up. Wayne Stone fired home twice for Ticehurst, with Rob Guile, Nathan Massini and Dave Blundell also making goal-scoring contributions.

Get the team together and play Fantasy League

Nathan Masini

Player of the Match

Nathan Masini

Key moments

Goal Nathan Masini scores for First Team
Goal Dave Blundell scores for First Team
Goal Wayne Stone scores for First Team
Goal Wayne Stone scores for First Team
Goal Rob Guile scores for First Team


View 0 new events
0:00 Player of the Match
Nathan Masini is awarded player of the match for First Team
0:00 Assist
Ben Hutcheson makes an assist for First Team
0:00 Goal 1 - 0
Nathan Masini scores for First Team
0:00 Assist
Nathan Masini makes an assist for First Team
0:00 Assist
Nathan Masini makes an assist for First Team
0:00 Assist
Darren Nicol makes an assist for First Team
0:00 Goal 2 - 0
Dave Blundell scores for First Team
0:00 Goal 3 - 0
Wayne Stone scores for First Team
0:00 Goal 4 - 0
Wayne Stone scores for First Team
0:00 Goal 5 - 0
Rob Guile scores for First Team
0:00 Assist
Rob Guile makes an assist for First Team
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • First Team
  • Broadwater Athletic
  • 0
  • Ben Hutcheson Assist 0:00'
  • Nathan Masini Goal 0:00'
  • Nathan Masini Assist 0:00'
  • Nathan Masini Assist 0:00'
  • Darren Nicol Assist 0:00'
  • Dave Blundell Goal 0:00'
  • Wayne Stone Goal 0:00'
  • Wayne Stone Goal 0:00'
  • Rob Guile Goal 0:00'
  • Rob Guile Assist 0:00'

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments